Adhesive & Tile Grouts:
Adhesives & Tile Grouts also referred to as mortar are sticky products used for fixing tiles. These materials eliminate the difficulties that arise during applications of ceramic tiles and fixing natural stones. The difference between adhesive & tile grouts products is that adhesives are utilized initially to stick tiles together and in place, whereas grout is used to fill in the spaces between walls, and joints for effective tiles placement. Grout provides a final finishing touch to walls, giving a perfectly smooth appearance. Tile Grouts are available in a variety of colors to match the tiles. Application of sealant over adhesives and tile grouts provide stronger and smooth results.
Types of Adhesives and Tile Grouts:
Tile adhesives are classified as follows:
- Thinset adhesives: Thinset adhesives are commonly used cement-based and powdered adhesives with short shelf-life. They prevent mold growth, moisture, and high temperatures, and make a strong adherence of tiles to the surface. These products are suitable in wet areas such as bathroom tiles. Ready-made thin-set adhesives are pre-mixed to prevent cracking providing enhanced flexibility.
- Mastic adhesives: Tile mastic are available as pre-mixed adhesives. It is a watery acrylic sticky gum. It is suitable in dry places as it does not prevent heat and moisture. These adhesives have a longer shelf-life and convenient in usage.
- Epoxy adhesives: This type of adhesives forms the strongest bond for placing tiles. Epoxy adhesives consist of resins, and available with powder, hardener, and resin. They are water-proof, grease, and chemical resistant, and suitable for industrial tiles. Moreover, professional experience is required to apply these.
Tile grout is classified as follows:
- Sanded grout: Sand mixed with mortar is referred to as sanded grout. It provides enhanced durability and strength. It can fill up spaces equal to or larger than 3 mm. It is a preferred choice for marble, granite, stones, and heavier tiles on floors.
- Un-sanded grout: Additives other than sand mixed in mortar, form un-sanded grout. It fills in up to 3mm of thin spaces. It is mostly suitable for application on wall tiles, as they are convenient in usage.
- Epoxy grout: Resembling in quality with the epoxy adhesives, epoxy grout provides a durable, stronger, water-and chemical resistant product. It is suitable for porcelain, vitrified glass, and ceramic tiles.
Choosing adhesive and tile grouts for your purpose:
It is imperative to choose adhesive and tile grouts that fulfill your purpose. The markets offer ready-made tile adhesive and grout to powdered adhesives and other wide range of products. Spending time and money on desired tiles for your house, office, etc. can get wasted if the right material to fix them is not chosen. Some significant points to be considered are discussed further:
- For the right adhesive:
- Place of Application:
- Internal Walls: Ready-made tile adhesives, as well as powdered adhesives, are suitable to apply on indoor tiles but specific to the tile type.
- Indoor Floors: For indoor floors, powdered adhesives are the best choice.
- Outdoor Tiles: Outdoor tiles need professional experience and thought for applying a suitable adhesive. Ozonecc offers on-site assistance as well as technical consulting for such purposes.
- Type of Stones or Tiles:
- Glazed ceramics (< 300mm x 300mm): Ready-mixed adhesives are suitable for glazed ceramics on indoor tiles.
- Glazed ceramics (> 300mm x 300mm): Powdered adhesives are suitable for larger glazed ceramics.
- Natural Stones: Adhesives having flexibility and rapid-setting qualities are a good choice for these.
- Porcelain tiles: Powdered adhesives provide higher strength and water resistance to porcelain tiles.
- Agglomerated Stones: Ready-made mixed adhesives are the preferred choice.
- Type of Substrate:
- Plaster, cement-and plasterboards: Both ready-made and powdered adhesives are suitable.
- Timber: Powdered adhesives having flexible properties are suitable.
- Concrete & Sand-Cement mix: Powdered adhesives are suitable in this case and flexible adhesive must be preferred where a heating system is installed.
- For the right grout:
The choice of tile grouts depends upon the tiles being used as well as the requirement of the client. Whether you require a smooth or coarse texture of grout, contrasting, or matching colors with tiles, it is all up to your choice. Modern tile grouts prevent mold, moisture, and come with properties of flexibility to prevent cracks. Additional systems are required to be installed with under-floor heating systems.
Ready-made tile adhesive and grout:
The advancements in the construction industry have launched products that are efficient in action. Ready-made tile adhesive and grout overcome the limitations that occur when applying cement, sand mortar, and other traditional products. Ready-made tile adhesive and grout provide a preferred choice for a variety of reasons:
- Convenient to use
- Rapid Action
- Aesthetic Results
- Suitable for Variety of Applications and Circumstances
- Work Quality is ensured
- Economical and Cost-efficient
What We Provide:
Ozonecc offers a variety of products including powdered adhesive and tile grout, as well as ready-made tile adhesive and grout, depending upon the client’s requirements. The products have efficient shelf-life, durability, water-resistance, higher strength, and flexibility. We provide on-site assistance along with technical consultation to our customers to ensure effective project development.